Meet Our Team
The Bandon Historical Society was founded in 1976 and is a
non-profit 501(c)(3) organization with the mission of preserving and
presenting historical material and artifacts related to the history of
the Bandon area. The Society is governed by a 12 member Board of
Directors who are elected by the membership of the Society. The Board
meets once a month and meetings are open to the members and guests.
Museum staff includes Executive Director Judy Knox and Eileen Scott.
The museum is open to the public and is staffed during open hours by our volunteers. The financial support of the Society comes primarily from membership dues, museum admissions, gift shop revenue, as well as memorial and other donations. We also hold fund raisers from time to time during the year.
The Society office and museum was originally housed in the Bandon Port building, then moved to our current location on the corner of Fillmore and Highway 101. The current building was the second building constructed following the disastrous 1936 Bandon fire and served as the Bandon City Hall until 1970.
"We are looking forward to your visit to the Museum. Stop in to see what the Bandon area was like in the past and meet our volunteers and staff."
Gayle Propeck Nix, Executive Director
President, Board of Directors